The need for SPF

Early this year, I noticed that my skin was already showing signs of ageing - dryer skin and more visible freckles. I shouldn't really be surprised as I am in my 30's now but who would want to admit that, right? So I made a brave decision, I would get some professional help.

I have a medium fair complexion with combination to dry skin type. I had never done facials in the past and I was scared I will get breakouts so I decided to go to a really well known beauty clinic in the Philippines - Belo Medical. I visited their website - www.belomed.com - to know a little more about the available services  and called their hotline no 02 819- BEL0 (2356) for an appointment. I chose The Fort branch simply because it's convenient for me.

I had to have a doctor consultation the first time to determine the type of treatment that's suitable for me. So here's what I had:

(Facial) Botanical Cleaning + Powerpeal - P 4,480
Body Scrub with Bleach - P 2,800

These treatments may be done every 2-4 weeks but since I don't have vanity included in my monthly budget, I opted to do this every 6-8 weeks. So far, since I started, I had 6 facial treatments and 3 body scrub sessions. I see improvement on my facial discolouration and freckles. One thing that they kept on repeating was to always use sunscreens. I had avoided sunscreens and lotions before. My beauty ritual had always been simple - after shower, I use toner and moisturizer on my face, a thin foundation then powder or a simple dual powder foundation.

Now, there is no denying that I had to take care of my skin. I travelled 4x this year and sun exposure was unavoidable. So here are the products that I used. I love these products simply because it all worked great on my skin, not oily and almost unscented.


Sunscreen+Primer SPF30
Oclipse (ZO Skin Health) by Zein Obagi

Belo Medical                 4,000 PHP (about 92 USD) - Nov 24 exchange rate P43.90/$1   
Amazon.com                 65 USD
Singapore                     85 SGD

Good: Tinted, matte finish, almost non-scented
Not so good: Price (though the 30ml bottle lasted 4 months for me. Average usage: 4x a week)









OHUI Sunblock Powder SPF 50
I use this right after ZO's Oclipse. Or if I want more coverage, I use foundation before applying the powder and reapply as needed. Since this is in a powder form, I use it for retouching all throughout the day when I am outdoor.


Seoul Duty Free             35 USD
Amazon.com                  35 USD
Online (qoo10.com)       35 to 45 USD (plus 2.50 USD shipping)

Good: Can be used as often as I want. Has a sponge refill. Not scented.
Not so good: No darker shade - though the effect is like that of a translucent powder, may be a little too "white" for the typical morena. No local supplier (Philippines).


 


This is it for now. Will write about other products (like BB Creams with SPF) that I use next time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glamourbox - December 2013

El nido - You had me at hello!!

Louis Vuitton