hAiRGAN oil

I have naturally curly hair. I used to rebond my hair yearly for 8 years but I stopped mid of last year as I noticed my hair getting thinner. I am not fond of going to salons. Previously, the only time I would get hair treatment (hot oil) was when I do my rebond (or maybe an additional visit during Christmas time). But I am into home products. Mostly after shower serums. I am a fan of Kerastase but I started trying out other products. So far, I am listing below my favorites. Simply because even when I didn't have salon treatments for the past 18 months, I didn't get split ends. I have confirmed that when I went to the salon to get a little trim last week with the hair consultant.


Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil (Extra Penetrating) by Organix

Available in Watsons and Lazada.com.ph - P 450

Good: Makes my hair easy to comb even when wet. 1 bottle lasted for 8 months (used 4-5x a week). Price.
Not so good: Though my hair wasn't dry or damaged, it lacked luster/life.

Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil




Acure Argan Oil
With all the fuss about Argan Oil, I started incorporating this to my skin regimen by alternating with my day moisturizer every 2-3 days. Since I read that I can use this for the hair as well, I tried while I was still debating as what hair product to purchase next after Organix. 

Good: It is light weight. Easily absorb. Make my hair easy to comb. No scent. It's 100% Organic. No additives. 
Not so good: A little too expensive to be used on hair - 30ml Bottle is 22 USD. No local distributor yet as far as I know.  I got mine at qoo10.com

Probably a good alternative for this is the Naturelle d' Argan. I saw this in BeautyBar Powerplant selling at P1,400. It's claiming to be pure and organic as well. No scent, texture is almost the same as Acure.






KERASTASE Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe

One hot-oil treatment can easily cost me 2-3K PHP so I thought maybe I can splurge again on a home product that I can use for months since I am not fond of going to salons. As I am  keeping my hair as is - no rebonding - I can't get my usual Kerastase serum. After research and store consultation, I got the Oleo-Complexe from the Kerastase Elixir Ultime 24-Carat series. I immediately noticed how soft it made my hair feel. After a month of usage, I am really really glad I made this purchase. 

Basement Salon (and other Kerastase distributors)   P2,450

Good: It made my curly hair soft and manageable all throughout the day. My hair is now shiny even when I skip using the product on weekends (I love having chemical free day/s). It has ARGAN oil.
Not sticky. 
Not so good: The smell. It smells like oil. It's not bad but I always go for after shower products that have no or very little smell and this is definitely not one of them. But I can let it go with the result that it gives me. My suggestion is go to a salon and ask them if they have a tester for the oil (basement salon in Powerplant Rockwell has) so you may decide if you can live with the smell or not. :)












Comments

  1. When I was living in Morocco back in 2004 -2007, I used to dip my bread in argan oil. Moroccan does!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glamourbox - December 2013

El nido - You had me at hello!!

Louis Vuitton