Hidden Treasure

Travelling had been a passion for me since I was little. My mom would bring me with her when visiting different provinces in the Philippines. I had my taste of an overseas trip when I was 14, quite old probably if you will compare to kids these days. I remember receiving shopping money but I gave half to my older sister, simply because it was way more than what I needed to get some souvenirs. Yes, ganun ako kababaw! When everyone else would put outlet stores on top of their itinerary,  I would opt to visit a temple or a local market simply because it's different from what I see back home.

When I turned 18, I asked for a trip to Hong Kong instead of having a cotillion ball. It might probably be as expensive as having a party during that time as it was prior to the budget airline era but I got my much needed support from my mom (happy me! ;) )

That trip had started my dream of building a souvenir collection from every city/place I could visit. Souvenirs which would remind me of the experiences, of how it felt like when learning and seeing first hand other people's culture and history which shaped their current existence. As I get older, the more I try to work hard and pray hard for these opportunities, the more I appreciate and understand people's differences.

Here's a glimpse of my collection. Feel free to share yours :D

Teaspoon: total of 96, with 10% from gifts

Favorites on display

Favorites: Up close - London, Holland and Barcelona

Keychain: 77 in total

Favorites

Local faves

Tennis obsession: Wimbledon, US Open, Australian Open, Rolland Garros

Documenting my trips through photobooks

















Comments

  1. Wow impressive teaspoon collection! And great idea to store trip mementos in a photobook!

    x Francesca of http://www.primpandpaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, do u have a particular photobook provider? TIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @charmedscientist! I have reviewed a couple of the photo book companies I have used in the past. You may find it here - http://shoppingmissy.blogspot.com/2013/12/photobooks.html

      Thanks for visiting my site.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glamourbox - December 2013

Louis Vuitton

El nido - You had me at hello!!