I follow Kris Aquino on Instagram

I follow Kris Aquino on Instagram.

InstaGram is one of the social media apps popular nowadays. I find it to be less complicated than Facebook and Twitter. You may follow, unfollow or follow again anyone with public profiles without broadcasting this activity to the world (or at least your friend list). 

I follow personalities in IG, actors, politicians, photographers or even ordinary people whose postings I find interesting. Half the time, I unfollow them after a couple of weeks for various reasons. But there are quite a few which I have been following for years now. One is Kris Aquino. Here are the reasons why: 

1. her postings go beyond OOTD (outfit of the day). Sure, she would sometimes post pictures of herself totally made up on the set of her shows or events but mostly with stories - a service provider she discovered that will deliver the clothes to your doorstep, or an experience she encountered on her way to work, or a message from a friend received just a few mins before the shoot. Whatever is her story, it goes beyond wearing expensive clothes.

2. She loves her children. Not because it is a default for a parent but she truly loves them - in words and in action. She is one of the busiest celebrities in the Philippines but she makes time to attend to her children's needs - bringing home  take out ramen for Josh,  cooking Bimby's favorite carbonara,  attending school meetings, joining them in watching shows even when she can only be there half time because she has other commitments. She can have tons of helpers but she chose to do things for them. I find it admirable because not every parent can show love beyond providing material things. I know some who even get the yayas to attend school activities. Being a parent is a 24/7 responsibility and it should never stop when it is inconvenient. 

3. Her pictures would often show her love for her mom and siblings. Based on her postings, I think the Aquinos spend Sunday lunch or dinner together as a family. A well known TV personality and a former president of the Philippines for a brother, I greatly admire their willingness to meet regularly. Making time for people who matter is way more fulfilling than hundreds of Facebook likes. 

  1. We don’t see her much on TV nowadays but despite her “common knowledge” wealth where she can live life without actually working, she chose to make a difference. Of course there are other reasons for her businesses other than creating jobs but having that as one of her reasons is good enough for me to be interested in her life. I am not well off but I am doing ok. I recently lost my job because I chose to stay in the country to be with my family. I am hoping that soon I will have the courage to dive into doing something else other than an 8-5 job so that I will be able to make a difference too in someone else’s life no matter how small it may be. 


There you have it, the Kris Aquino I know from IG. 

#krisaquino #instagram #celebrity 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glamourbox - December 2013

Louis Vuitton

El nido - You had me at hello!!